This web site (« the site ») is edited by Alcatel Submarine Networks, Société par Actions simplifiée au capital social de 112 013 478 €, having its headquarter Route de Villejust, 91620, NOZAY, registered in the registre du commerce et des sociétés d’Evry under record 389 534 256
Contact address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone number: +33-(0)1-60-40-60-40
Publication Director: Francesca Cazzaniga
Web Host: ASN
- Acceptance of terms
By accessing ASN web pages you agree to the following terms. If you do not agree to the following terms, please notice that you are not allowed to use the site
The contents of ASN web pages are Copyright © ASN 2018. Any rights not expressly granted herein are reserved. Reproduction, transfer, distribution or storage of part or all of the contents in any form without the prior written permission of ASN is prohibited except in accordance with the following terms. ASN consents to you browsing ASN web pages on your computer or printing copies of extracts from these pages for your personal use only and not for redistribution unless consented to in writing by ASN. Individual documents in our web pages may be subject to additional terms indicated in those documents
- Use of the site – Site content - Availability
The use of this site and the content therein, is permitted to private, non-commercial use. The use of press releases and other documents classified as public is permitted in public communications if the source for the information has been stated.
This site and the contents herein are provided as a convenience to you. The contents of ASN web pages will be uninterrupted or error-free. ASN reserves the right to revise the pages or withdraw access to them at any time.
- Limitation of Liability
NO WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO WARRANTIES OF TITLE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, IS MADE IN RELATION TO THE AVAILABILITY, ACCURACY, RELIABILITY OR CONTENT OF THESE PAGES. ASN SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, LOST PROFITS OR FOR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION ARISING OUT OF THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THIS SERVICE, EVEN IF ASN HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW EXCLUSION OF CERTAIN WARRANTIES OR LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. THE LIABILITY OF ASN WOULD IN SUCH CASE BE LIMITED TO THE GREATEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
- Third party sites connection
For your easy accessibility ASN may include links to sites on the internet that are owned or operated by third parties. By linking to such third-party site, you shall review and agree to that site's rules of use before using such site. You also agree that ASN has no control over the content of that site and cannot assume any responsibility for material created or published by such third-party sites. In addition, a link to a non-ASN site does not imply that ASN endorses the site or the products or services referenced in such third party site.
By submitting material to any of our servers, for example, by e-mail or via the ASN web pages, you agree that: (a) the material will not contain any item that is unlawful or otherwise unfit for publication; (b) you will use reasonable efforts to scan and remove any viruses or other contaminating or destructive features before submitting any material; and (c) you own the material or have the unlimited right to provide it to us and ASN may publish the material free of charge and/or incorporate it or any concepts described in it in our products without accountability or liability (d) you agree not to take action against us in relation to material that you submit and you agree to indemnify us if any third party takes action against us in relation to the material you submit.
ASN does not and cannot review the content posted by users on its site and is not responsible for such content. ASN may at any time at its discretion remove any content posted by users.
- Intellectual Property
ASN is a registered trademark of ASN. Other product and company names mentioned herein may be trademarks or trade names of their respective owners. Your access to this site should not be construed as granting, by implication, estoppel or otherwise, any license or right to use any marks appearing on the site without the prior written consent of ASN or the third-party owner thereof.
- Forward-looking statements
It should be noted that ASN and its business are exposed to various risks and uncertainties and certain statements in this site that are not historical facts are forward-looking statements, including, without limitation, those regarding future business and financial performance of ASN and its industry and statements preceded by "believe," "expect," "anticipate," "foresee," "sees," "target," "estimate," "designed," "aim", "plans," "intends," "focus," "will" or similar expressions. These statements are based on management's best assumptions and beliefs in light of the information currently available to it. Because they involve risks and uncertainties, actual results may differ materially from the results that we currently expect. Factors, including risks and uncertainties that could cause these can be both external, such as general, economic and industry conditions, as well as internal operating factors. We have identified these in more detail in the most recent ASN’s annual report on Form 20-F under Item 3D. "Risk Factors." and risks outlined in our most recent interim or results report available at this website. Other unknown or unpredictable factors or underlying assumptions subsequently proving to be incorrect could cause actual results to differ materially from those in the forward-looking statements. ASN does not undertake any obligation to publicly update or revise forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise, except to the extent legally required.
Copyright © ASN 2018. All rights reserved.
We care about your privacy
We will give you additional privacy information that is specific to a product or service in Supplements to this Policy and other notices you may see while using our products or services. If there is a difference between such notices and this Policy, the notices should be considered first.
Software on your device may access your information. Our products or services may contain links to other companies’ websites and services that have privacy policies of their own. ASN is not responsible for the privacy practices of others and we recommend you read their privacy notices.
If you do not agree with this Policy, do not use our products and services or provide ASN with your personal data.
What Information Do We Collect?
We collect your personal data and other information when you make a purchase, use or register into our products and services, take part in campaigns or research or otherwise interact with us. This includes following categories:
• Product and service activations ASN products and services may require electronic activation, where your device and application type, as well as unique device, application, network and subscription identifiers are sent to ASN.
• Information you provide us with When you create an account, make a purchase, request services, participate in research or campaigns or otherwise interact with us, we may ask for information such as your name, email address, phone number, street address, user names and passwords, feedback, information relating to your devices, age, gender, and language, bank account number, credit card details and other such financial information. We also maintain records of your consents, preferences and settings relating to, for example, location data, marketing and sharing of personal data.
• Your transactions with us We maintain records of your purchases, downloads, the content you have provided us with, your requests, agreements between you and ASN, the products and services provided to you, payment and delivery details, your contacts and communications and other interactions with us. We may, in accordance with applicable law, record your communication with our customer care or with other such contact points.
• Positioning and Location data Location-based services establish location through the use of satellite, mobile, Wi-Fi or other network based positioning methods. These technologies may involve exchanging your location data and unique device and mobile, Wi-Fi or other network related identifiers with ASN. Our products may operate on multiple device platforms, applications and services which may also collect your location data. We do not use this information to identify you personally without your consent.
When you use our location based services and features, for example location based search, navigation and routing, or request for map data, your location data is sent to ASN to serve you with the right content, which may also include location based advertising.
Why Do We Process Personal Data?
ASN may process your personal data for the following purposes. One or more purposes may apply simultaneously.
• Providing products and services We may use your personal data to provide you with our products and services, to process your requests or as otherwise may be necessary to perform the contract between you and ASN, to ensure the functionality and security of our products and services, to identify you as well as to prevent and investigate fraud and other misuses.
• Accounts Some services may require an account to help you manage your content and preferences. For more information, see our account supplement.
• Developing and managing products and services We may use your personal data to develop and manage our products, services, customer care, sales and marketing.
We may combine personal data collected in connection with your use of a particular ASN product and/or service with other personal data we may have about you, unless such personal data was collected for a different purpose.
• Communicating with you We may use your personal data to communicate with you, for example to inform you that our services have changed or to send you critical alerts and other such notices relating to our products and/or services and to contact you for customer care related purposes.
• Marketing, advertising and making recommendations We may contact you to inform you of new products, services or promotions we may offer and to conduct market research when we have your consent or it is otherwise allowed. We may use your personal data to personalize our offering and to provide you with more relevant services, for example, to make recommendations and to display customized content and advertising in our services. This may include displaying ASN and third party content.
Do We Share Personal Data?
We do not sell, lease, rent or otherwise disclose your personal data to third parties unless otherwise stated below.
• Your consent and social sharing services We may share your personal data if we have your consent to do so. Some services may allow you to share your personal data with other users of the service or with other services and their users. Please consider carefully before disclosing any personal data or other information that might be accessible to other users.
• ASN companies and authorized third parties We may share your personal data with other ASN companies or authorized third parties who process personal data for ASN for the purposes described in this Policy. This may include for example billing through your network service provider or otherwise, delivery of your purchases, providing services including customer service, managing and analyzing consumer data, credit checks, conducting research and managing marketing and other such campaigns. When you purchase a ASN product from us with a network service provider plan, we may need to exchange information with your network service provider to provide you with such service.
We may conduct joint marketing and other communications with our partners, for example your mobile operator. To avoid duplicate or unnecessary communications and to tailor the message to you we may need to match information that ASN has collected with information that the partner has collected where this is permitted by law.
These authorized third parties are not permitted to use your personal data for any other purposes. We require them to act consistently with this Policy and to use appropriate security measures to protect your personal data.
• International transfers of personal data Our products and services may be provided using resources and servers located in various countries around the world. Therefore your personal data may be transferred across international borders outside the country where you use our services, including to countries outside the European Economic Area (EEA) that do not have laws providing specific protection for personal data or that have different legal rules on data protection, for example, the United States of America. In such cases we ensure that there is a legal basis for such a transfer and that adequate protection for your personal data is provided as required by applicable law, for example, by using standard agreements approved by relevant authorities (where necessary) and by requiring the use of other appropriate technical and organizational information security measures.
• Mandatory disclosures We may be obligated by mandatory law to disclose your personal data to certain authorities or other third parties, for example, to law enforcement agencies in the countries where we or third parties acting on our behalf operate. We may also disclose and otherwise process your personal data in accordance with applicable law to defend ASN’s legitimate interests, for example, in civil or criminal legal proceedings.
• Mergers and Acquisitions If we decide to sell, buy, merge or otherwise reorganize our businesses in certain countries, this may involve us disclosing personal data to prospective or actual purchasers and their advisers, or receiving personal data from sellers and their advisers.
How Do We Address The Privacy of Children?
ASN products and services are typically intended for general audiences. ASN does not knowingly collect information of children without the consent of their parents or guardians. ASN publishes safety guidelines for using internet services in our websites.
How Do We Address Data Quality?
We take reasonable steps to keep the personal data we possess accurate and to delete incorrect or unnecessary personal data. We encourage you to access your personal data through your account from time to time to ensure that it is up to date.
What Steps Are Taken To Safeguard Personal Data?
Privacy and security are key considerations in the creation and delivery of our products and services. We have assigned specific responsibilities to address privacy and security related matters. We enforce our internal policies and guidelines through an appropriate selection of activities, including proactive and reactive risk management, security and privacy engineering, training and assessments. We take appropriate steps to address online security, physical security, risk of data loss and other such risks taking into consideration the risk represented by the processing and the nature of the data being protected. Also, we limit access to our data bases containing personal data to authorized persons having a justified need to access such information.
What Are Your Rights?
You have a right to know what personal data we hold about you. You have a right to have incomplete, incorrect, unnecessary or outdated personal data deleted or updated. You have a right to unsubscribe from direct marketing messages and to request that we stop processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes or on other compelling legal grounds. However, if you opt-out from marketing and other communications from ASN, critical alerts may still be sent to you.
You may exercise your rights by contacting us or by managing your account and choices through available profile management tools on your device and our services. In some cases, especially if you wish us to delete or stop processing your personal data, this may also mean that we may not be able to continue to provide the services to you.
Who Is The Controller of Your Personal Data?
ASN SAS Route de Villejust, 91620 Nozay, France is the controller of your personal data.
In addition, the ASN affiliate providing the product or service may be a controller of your personal data. You may find the identity of the controller and its contact details by reviewing the terms and conditions of such a product or service or by using contact information provided in the applicable ASN websites.
ASN may from time to time change this Policy or change, modify or withdraw access to this site at any time with or without notice. However, if this Policy is changed in a material, adverse way, ASN will post a notice advising of such change at the beginning of this Policy and on this site's home page for 30 days. We recommend that you re-visit this Policy from time to time to learn of any such changes to this Policy.